Monday 12 March 2012

Member Profile: Meet Irina!

It is my great pleasure to introduce to our group Miss Irina.  She is just super talented as she quilts, quills, sews and binds books.  Irina, please tell us a bit more about yourself!

The basics

Name: Irina

Hometown: Born in Barcelona

Current Home: I live on a tiny island called Aughinish, looking out Galway Bay on one side and The Burren on the other side. It’s paradise!




Blog address: http://www.el-petit-taller.blogspot.com

Flickr name: El-Petit-Taller

Family: My partner is a musician and we have one daughter Hana, who will be 3 very soon and a baby boy who is joining us in 12 weeks.

Pets: We have 2 cats, Sooty and Haggis, and 3 hens, Lola, Matilda and Kona.

One of Irina's Favorite Quilts: Hana's Quilt

Irina's First Quilt: Big Blue


The details
What is your day job? I’m a social care worker for a charity organisation who deals with the homeless.

What is your current dream job? mmm... something artistic whether it involves fabric, stitching, painting or playing music.

What did you want to be as a child? Too many things! I remember saying a vet, an actress, a musician… I changed my mind all the time.

What is your favourite time waster? internet

What are you working on now? a commissioned baby quilt, a knitted hat, birthday decorations plus university assignments…

What do you want to be working on right now? I’d rather be sewing than writing college assignments!




Do you have other hobbies beyond quilting? I like quilling, knitting, playing music, bird watching, reading, cooking…

Do you play sports? I started playing badminton for the craic just before I got pregnant and I loved it, so I hope to go back as soon as I’m fit enough.

What is your strongest positive personality trait? Optimism, and being able to see the positive side of things.

What started you quilting? I always liked crafts and patchwork, but I really got seriously into patchwork after visiting an exhibition about 6 years ago.




A Quick-fire Round….What is your Favourite
place to holiday: San Francisco and surroundings
movie: Local Hero
food: pasta
book: I’ll go for a children’s one! Room in the Broom by Julia Donaldson.
band/song: The Pretenders
colour: Dark Red
fabric line: Sugar and Spice, Bliss, Awesome, Little Apples…
fabric designer: Riley Blake, Henry Miller, Heather Bailey… all of them!
sewing tool: sewing machine
completed sewing project: most recently, fabric baskets.
quick finish sewing project: The Stripy Baby Quilt
project when you need a quick finish: coasters or a pillow dress…

Irina's Least Favorite Quilt: The Scrappy Quilt

Irina's Favorite Quick Project: Stripy Baby Quilt


5 comments:

  1. Irina is a sweet senorita, I love her quilts, she is really really talented!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you Irina! Your creativity is inspiring! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, think we were out your way en route to doolin, would that be right!? we took some pics at that tower! :) it is really beautiful out there, jealous you get to live there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's right! You can see the tower from the road just before passing Newquay...

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous of that wonderful scenery that you wake up to each day.

    ReplyDelete